Office of Human Resources
The Office of Human Resources assists department heads and employees through the administration of the Town's Personnel By-Law and collective bargaining agreements. Human Resources is responsible for coordinating recruitment, hiring and onboarding; compensation and benefits administration; worker's compensation and IOD management; assists with collective bargaining and policy development.
The Town of Belchertown is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy, age (as defined by law), disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Police Patrol Officer
Please send all employment inquiries and applications for open positions to: email@example.com
Employee Benefits-What you need to know
HEALTH INSURANCE OPTIONS (Both are Blue Cross/Blue Shield MA plans) Benefit summaries and enrollment forms are available at www.hcgit.org.www.hcgit.org.
- Blue Care Elect Preferred is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO). “In-network” benefits are available by choosing preferred providers. You can also receive “out-of-network” benefits by choosing non-preferred providers, but your out-of-pocket costs are higher.
- Network Blue New England is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO). Your primary care physician (PCP) is called when you need medical care. Your PCP will be the one to determine if you need a specialist, and a referral can be made within your PCP’s network. There are no waiting periods for benefits, no deductibles to meet, and no claim forms to complete.
Prescription co-pays (30-day supply) for all plans are $10 for Tier 1, $30 for Tier 2, and $65 for Tier 3 at retail pharmacies (after deductible). Mail order drugs provide a 90-day supply for $25 for Tier 1, $75for Tier 2, and $165 for Tier 3 (no deductible).
Health insurance coverage becomes effective 30 days after your effective date of hire.
Fitness Benefit Program Description
Fitness Benefit Form
Health and Dental Insurance Rates
- Guardian PPO $500 Plan (Offered only in conjunction with Blue Care Elect Preferred health insurance). Covers Type I Preventive Services at 100% with no deductible and Type II Basic restorative Services at 50% ($50 deductible per individual, maximum $150.00 per family). The maximum amount paid is $500.00 per person per calendar year. Eligible dependents are covered to age 26.
- Guardian Voluntary Dental Plan Options:
Guardian Option 1-Core Plan– Type I (Preventive) and Type II (Basic) services, benefit
maximum of $1,000.00 per person per policy year, deductible of $50 per person per policy year with a 3-person/family maximum deductible (waived for Type I services). Dependents are covered up to age 26 Guardian Option 2-High Plan - Type I (Preventive), Type II (Basic), and Type III (Major) services, benefit maximum of $1,000 per person per policy year, deductible of $50 per person per policy year with a 3-person/family maximum deductible (waived for Type I services). Dependents are covered up to age 26.
Guardian dental insurance becomes effective on the first of the month following your effective date of hire.
The Town of Belchertown currently offers two life insurance plans. Employees may elect one or both, or waive coverage entirely.
- The Basic Life Insurance provides term coverage in the amount of $5,000 life/$5,000 AD&D. The employee cost is currently $1.32 per month. The Town of Belchertown contributes 75% of the premium. The insurance carrier is the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.
- The Optional Life Insurance plan through the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America is paid 100% by the employee. Coverage amounts may be elected from $10,000 to $150,000. An employee may elect coverage for a spouse for up to half of the employee’s elected amount; dependent children may be covered for $2,000 each. In some cases, Evidence of Insurablity may be required.
Life insurance coverage(s) become effective on the first day of the month following 30 consecutive days of employment.
LONGTERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
The plan covers 50% of your current monthly salary (insured earnings) up to a maximum monthly benefit of $3,000 if you suffer from a disabling accident or illness on or off the job. Benefit payments are made monthly beginning after you have been unable to work for 90 days (elimination period) due to disability. Both total and partial disability are covered. The employee pays 100% of the premium. Click here for plan details.
Please be sure to contact this office to insure your current earnings, as they may change.
FLEXIBLE BENEFITS PLAN
Premiums for your election of medical and/or dental coverage are paid on a pre-tax dollar basis. You will be able to elect to have some of your upcoming pay contributed to the Plan. These contributions will be applied to the payment of insurance premiums for coverage. The portion of your pay that is applied to payment of premiums is not subject to income tax withholding.
The Town of Belchertown has agreements with the following companies for employees who would like to enroll in 457(b) plan or transfer from an existing plan:
Contact: Michael Tenore or Hunter Boody, Investment Rep
Empower Retirement (formerly Great-West Retirement)
Health, Dental and Life insurance benefits can continue into retirement. According to MGL Chapter 32B, upon retirement retirees and their covered spouses who are eligible for Medicare Part A and Part B must enroll and can continue coverage through the Town with a Supplemental Plan (Medex). There is a critical timeline and failure to meet the Hampshire County Group Insurance Trust's deadline will result in a cancellation in coverage. Please read the below information closely.
Retiree Health and Dental Insurance Rates
Retiring or Approaching age 65?
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Call or Text 800.456.6327 or Visit perspectivesltd.com and click “INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY LOGIN” at the top of the page.