How to apply for housing

How to apply for housing with the Belchertown Housing Authority

You must fill out an application. We use the universal application for state-aided public housing provided by the Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD). Applications can be printed from the Resources page on this web site or they are available at our office location. Please be sure to read all of the instructions on the application, and to answer every question. If a question is not applicable, please write N/A.

Here at the Belchertown Housing Authority (BHA) we only have Elderly, Non-Elderly Handicapped, and Family housing programs. We also only have 1 bedroom apartments for the Elderly and Non-Elderly Handicapped program here at BHA. Therefore you can not apply for more than one bedroom for those two programs. We also do not have any 1 bedroom apartments for the Family program. If you need assistance in filling out the application please call our office at (413)323-4064. If we are unable to answer your call please leave a message on our automated answering service and we will return your call.

When your application nears the top of the waiting list for the type of housing for which you applied, you will be contacted for further information to verify information you have provided; such as, identity, income, prior landlord references, and verification of any priority or preferences for which you may have applied.

Applications are accepted by email, mail, fax or can be dropped of at the office. If the office is not open, a locked drop box is available on the front of the building that is under video surveillance, where you may drop off applications.
Copyright © 2018, Welcome to Belchertown, MA.. | Powered By Revize Login